IS YOUR FACILITY PREPARED FOR COSTLY FINES?
With 35 years in the violence management field for numerous professions, TJA is the leader in retention based, on-site training for all types of healthcare facilities.
There is nothing more important than the safety of staff. Period!
Confrontational Avoidance Techniques© for Healthcare
This four-hour certification program (2 scheduled per day) addresses confrontational conditions for staff that may have to deal with verbally and physically combative patients, family members and visitors in the facility.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE TRAINING INCLUDE:
- Understanding the four types of anger, effective and proven verbal de-escalation techniques geared for high retention in the healthcare environment.
- Body space parameters; emotional, medical and environmental causes of violent verbal and potential physical violence; training in pre-assaultive Indicators.
- Environmental awareness of potential weapons of opportunity by patients.
- Identification and recognition of conditions where outside assistance and notification of law enforcement authorities is necessary.
NON-VIOLENT SELF-PROTECTION (CNVSPS®) – for Healthcare
A one-day certification safety course specifically designed and developed for health care practitioners. Program addresses conditions for staff that may have to confront verbally and physically combative patients, family members and visitors in the facility.
TOPICS COVERD IN THE TRAINING INCLUDE:
- Safe use of alternative options when handling high threat situations and conditions in the healthcare environment.
- Confrontational Avoidance Techniques©; Understanding the 4 types of anger; pre-assaultive indicators; effective and proven verbal de-escalation skills, body space parameters and causes of violence
- Proper handling of hysterical persons; drug/alcohol intoxicated; mentally ill and other violent persons encountered by healthcare professionals.
- Escapes from grabs, chokes, hair-pulls, flailing limbs and more is also covered.
CONTACT: Thomas J. Archambault, President – Chief Instructor
TJA Protect–Systems International – 239-281-5181
P.O. Box 297, Williston, Fl 32696-0297 – Email: tom@tjaPSI.com
Click here to learn to continue to the healthcare training page.